Prenzlau State School has a long history of providing quality, caring education for its community.
The community of Prenzlau consists of farmland, large rural blocks and magnificent views! Our School is situated in the middle of a magnificent working cattle property where our children are easily able to interact with animals and nature while they are at school.
Our school is easily accessible from Lowood-Minden Road and from the Warrego Hwy. We are approximately 30mins from the city of Ipswich and town of Gatton.
We are grateful at our school to be one of Queensland’s first accredited ‘Nature-Play’ schools, where our surroundings form an integral part of our children’s education. Our children are explicitly taught to assess risk rather than avoid it and therefore we have many unique features that make our place very kid friendly.
• We have two in-ground trampolines that are provide our children with endless bouncing fun
• Our children have the option to remove their shoes during the day
• We don’t let rain stop us, we play outside in the rain with raincoats
• We encourage play with sticks and logs to build forts and shelters
• We let nature be our guide and interact daily with farm animals, local birds and insects
• We allow the riding of bikes at school during breaks
• We climb trees and have an arborist check and maintain our favourite climbing locations
• We have a mud kitchen and a large sand lagoon
• We love literature and have a strong focus on developing community through literacy
We believe our school is one-of-a-kind.
We love it!